6 nuggets Europe’s Best® Chef’s Spinach, frozen
750 g (1 ½ lb) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Mexican Veggie Ground Round or ground turkey or lean ground beef
175 mL (3/4 cup) fresh bread crumbs
45 mL (3 tbsp) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
2 green onions, chopped
75 mL (1/3 cup) tomato salsa or ketchup
5 mL (1 tsp) dried oregano flakes
2 mL (1/2 tsp) smoked paprika, ground cumin or chili powder
5 mL (1 tsp) salt
1 mL (1/4 tsp) pepper
15 mL (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
125 mL (1/2 cup) grated Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
50 mL (1/4 cup) tomato salsa
1. Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain and squeeze out excess moisture. Cool slightly.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, cooked spinach, egg, bread crumbs, cilantro, onions, salsa, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Shape mixture into six patties.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook for 15 minutes, turning twice until interior temperature registers 175 °F (80 °C) or until pinkness disappears. A few minutes before end of cooking time, top each burger with cheese and a spoonful of salsa. (Cheese will melt slightly.) Serve burgers on toasted buns with condiments or as part of a meal with vegetables.
4. Place prepared burgers on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast in a preheated 425 ° F (210° C) oven for 20 minutes or until pinkness disappears. Top each burger with cheese and salsa as soon as removed from the oven. The heat will melt cheese.
Grill in the oven:
• Place patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Broil in preheated 210 ° C (425 ° F) oven for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside. Cover each burger with cheese and salsa as soon as they are out of the oven. The heat will melt the cheese.